12.22.2013

What a Difference a Day Makes

What a week!This week has been one of the most challenging weeks for me as a person, a Friend, and a librarian. I love my library and I love the community that I serve. However, some days I consider working at a different library and for a different community. 

There was a shooting (the second in three months) steps outside the library. The "incident" left me feeling dejected to put it mildly. When I got home I soaked in the tub for hours and climbed into bed. I assured everyone that I was fine and cried through the night and into the next morning. I was tired, hurt, unbelievably sad, and a little frightened (for myself and for the people in the community). I was also determined to go to work, and serve that community.

The day after the shooting was also my day to do community outreach, visit children, and share books. I am so glad that I went to work! I am so glad that I didn't completely cave in to my feelings. The days following the shooting have been the most rewarding in my career to date. Below are pictures of some of the children I read to each week. After the weekly read aloud I was invited to a dress rehearsal for the holiday program.

PhotoPhoto




12460802
This book was recommended to me by a dear Friend. After the shooting this week, I found myself reading and rereading the same passage repeatedly from the December 12th entry. " I AM TAKING CARE OF YOU. Feel the warmth and security of being enveloped in My loving Presence. Every detail of your life is under My control. Moreover, everything fits into a pattern for good, to those who love Me and are called according to My design and purpose." *
* Romans 8:28 AMP

No comments:

Post a Comment