I participated in YALSA's 2014 Hub Reading Challenge. You can read about the challenge here. The objective of the challenge is to read/listen to 25 books from the list of eligible titles. I completed this challenge for the first time last year because 1. I like challenges and 2. I am on a YA literature reading binge. This year I completed the challenge because last year was fun and because I liked discovering books that I normally wouldn't have read. The audio of Monstrous Beauty last year was a fantabulous discovery.
I finished the challenge earlier this week, and was able to complete my own personal mini-challenge by reading at least 1 book from each award category along with all of the great graphic novels.
My 2014 Hub Reading Challenge Favorites:
- All The Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry
- Beautiful Music For Ugly Children by Kirstin Cronn-Mills
- Boxers & Saints by Gene Luen Yang
- Dodger by Terry Pratchett
- I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak
- Lexicon by Max Barry
- Will & Whit by Laura Lee Gulledge
Goals for next year:
- Finish the challenge.
- Read at least 1 book from each award category and all of the amazing audio books. (Graphic novels and audio books are difficult for me so I use the challenge for motivation.)
- Make the challenge more of a social experience by sharing progress updates on social media.