6.22.2014

2014 Hub Reading Challenge Wrap-Up

2014_hub_reading_challenge_logo_participant.jpg (396×318)

I participated in YALSA's 2014 Hub Reading Challenge. You can read about the challenge here. The objective of the challenge is to read/listen to 25 books from the  list of eligible titles. I completed this challenge for the first time last year because 1. I like challenges and 2. I am on a YA literature reading binge. This year I completed the challenge because last year was fun and because I liked discovering books that I normally wouldn't have read. The audio of Monstrous Beauty last year was a fantabulous discovery.

I finished the challenge earlier this week, and was able to complete my own personal mini-challenge by reading at least 1 book from each award category along with all of the great graphic novels. 


My 2014 Hub Reading Challenge Favorites:

  1. All The Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry
  2. Beautiful Music For Ugly Children by Kirstin Cronn-Mills
  3. Boxers & Saints by Gene Luen Yang
  4. Dodger by Terry Pratchett
  5. I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak
  6. Lexicon by Max Barry
  7. Will & Whit by Laura Lee Gulledge

Goals for next year:
  • Finish the challenge.
  • Read at least 1 book from each award category and all of the amazing audio books. (Graphic novels and audio books are difficult for me so I use the challenge for motivation.)
  • Make the challenge more of a social experience by sharing progress updates on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment