4.05.2013

Truth in Fiction - Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

One of the secrets of the universe was that our instincts were sometimes stronger than our minds.

Another secret of the universe: Sometimes pain was like a storm that came out of nowhere. The clearest summer morning could end in a downpour. Could end in lightning and thunder. p. 261

I decided that maybe we left each other alone too much. Leaving each other alone was killing us. p. 283

I came to understand that my father was a careful man. To be careful with people and with words was a rare and beautiful thing. p. 324

Scars. A sign that you had been hurt. A sign that you had healed. Had I been hurt? Had I healed? Maybe we just lived between hurting and healing. p. 335

No comments:

Post a Comment