4.28.2013

Dewey Read-a-Thon End of Event Meme



1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I was getting tired and quite cranky at hour 18. By hour 20 I didn't just hit the wall, I crashed into it full force. I think I ended up reading 2 pages an hour for about 3 hours before I perked up again at hour 23


2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Gillian Flynn novels are high interest page turners. I would also suggest Caldecott, Newbery, Printz, and Coretta Scott King Award winning books for those hard hours.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No suggestions from this newbie. The read-a-thon was great!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I enjoyed the mini-challenges hours 1-12. After hour 12 I was too lazy focused on reading to participate. 

5. How many books did you read?
I read four books

6. What were the names of the books you read?
Diary of a Wimpy Kid #6 Cabin Fever by Jeff kinney

Never Fall Down by Patricia McCormick

Drama by Raina Telgemeier

Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo


7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Although the subject matter was very difficult for me to read, I enjoyed Never Fall Down the most.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
I enjoyed Love and Other Perishable Items the least. I am really not into angsty, "unreciprocated love stories.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I was not a cheerleader, but they rocked! Cheerleaders have skills I do not possess.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I am very likely to participate in the Read-a-Thon again. I will be a reader until I get it right. After I have mastered Read-a-Thon reading, I would like to come up with a good mini-challenge and try hosting for a few hours.

1 comment:

  1. The idea of the story just falls flat after the second half of the book. The first half is hilarious though. Especially the part revolving around Scotty Douglas,the hoarded bathroom facility and the student council.

    ReplyDelete