4.27.2014

End of Event Meme

 End of Event Meme:

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 22 was brutal.  I nodded off repeatedly until I just decided to sleep for the rest of the hour and start fresh for hour 23.                                                     
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?Childhood favorites (I'm definitely reading Judy Blume in October.)Short story collections (Ray Bradbury) Graphic novels                                                                                 
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?No suggestions. The Read-a-Thon was great as usual.                                                             
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I really liked the Cheerleaders again this year. #TeamHughes is the best!                                                   
  5. How many books did you read? I read three books.
  6. What were the names of the books you read?    I Am the MessengerI am the Messenger by Markus Zusak                 Memories of My Melancholy WhoresMemories of My Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Garcia Marquez                                                                                     Dept. of SpeculationDept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill                                                                     
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? I enjoyed them all, but I think I enjoyed Memories of My Melancholy Whores the most because it has profound sentimental value for me.                                          
  8. Which did you enjoy least? I can't answer this question. Each book was excellent in its own way.                              
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I wasn't a Cheerleader.                                                             
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I am very likely to participate in the Read-a-Thon again. I will be a Reader again, and I am considering spending some time as a Cheerleader.

1 comment:

  1. Hours 22-24 were brutal for me too!! And you did a great job, that's a good amount of books!I want to read more short story collections as well for next time.
    Random Ramblings

    ReplyDelete