6.01.2014

Truth in Fiction - Scumble by Ingrid Law

Scumble (Savvy, #2)

"It can take a lot of strength to show up and be yourself...don't you think?"
Scumble by Ingrid Law

I finished reading Scumble and the above quote has stayed with me. I/We spend a considerable amount of time contemplating, and often discussing, the nature of community and what it means to be part of a community. In order to live, work, and worship in community, I think it is important for people to be themselves and to accept others as they are. I often do not have the strength needed to be my whole, true self within certain communities.


Questions for further consideration:
What can we do to develop the spiritual strength it requires to show up and be ourselves?

Do we recognize the strength that it can take for others to show up and be themselves?

Do we encourage others to show up and be themselves? If so, how do we encourage others to show up and be themselves?

What would it look like for our respective communities if we all showed up and were our true selves?

No comments:

Post a Comment