5.24.2013

Truth in Fiction - Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt

Tell the Wolves I'm Home
It seemed like life was a sort of narrowing tunnel. Right when you were born, the tunnel was huge. You could be anything. Then, like, the absolute second after you were born, the tunnel narrowed down to about half that size... Then you started to grow up and everything you did closed the tunnel in some more. -  June p. 254

Maybe you had to be dying to finally get to do what you wanted... Then I had this thought: What if it was enough to realize that you would die someday, that none of this would go on forever? Would that be enough?  June - p. 255

I knew the way lost hopes could be dangerous, how they could turn a person into someone they never thought they'd be. - June p.322

*I needed to know that my mother understood that her hand was in this too. That all the jealousy and envy and shame we carried was our own kind of sickness. As much a disease as Toby and Finn's AIDS. - June p. 349

* emphasis mine

No comments:

Post a Comment