4.25.2015

Dewey's Read-a-Thon April 2015

 It is time for Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon



Introductory Meme

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Denver, CO, USA

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I have three books that I am really looking forward to reading. I will just list them in alphabetical order by author: 

Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass by Meg Medina

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley

I am also really looking forward to the Dewey Read-a-Thon Readalong. I have never read The Yellow Wallpaper, so this should be fun.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
My sister is getting married in June and today happens to be her bridal shower. During this extended reading break, I look forward to snacking on carrot cake cupcakes and fruit infused water.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am a former classroom teacher and am now a public librarian. I read for business and for pleasure. I have an affinity for both children's and young adult literature, cozy mysteries and African-American authors. 

 5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?  This is my sixth read-a-thon. There are quite a few things different about today's read-a-thon: I am reading books assigned for a course I am taking. I will need to take breaks between books to write annotations for each book. I will be missing at least 8 hours of the read-a-thon because I will be celebrating with my sister. 

3 comments:

  1. Celebrating with your sister seems like a good break to take :) All the best and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene from Team Mr. Popper here. I hope you're enjoying the readathon so far. Please remember that it's all about having fun, so if you feel more like snacking than reading, then go ahead. This event is the perfect excuse for snacking!
    I'm sure you'll reach your goal. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are having a great time! #TeamMrPopper

    ReplyDelete