10.18.2014

Dewey's Read-a-Thon October 2014

 It is time for Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon

Introductory Meme

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Denver, CO, USA

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I have three books that I am really looking forward to reading. I will just list them in alphabetical order by author: 
The Secret She Kept by ReShonda Tate Billingsley
Bird Box by Josh Malerman
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I am looking forward to my energy boosting treats from Trader Joe's. I am having oatmeal for breakfast, spinach gnocchi for lunch, and pot stickers for dinner. I will be snacking on granny smith apples, carrots, and seedless cucumbers.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am a former classroom teacher and am now a public librarian. I read for business and for pleasure. I have an affinity for children's literature, cozy mysteries and African-American authors. 

 5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?  This is my fifth read-a-thon, but today will be my first time reading and cheering. I am most looking forward to cheering for other readers.

8 comments:

  1. Same here, my first time cheering. So far it's been fun. Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't cheer until hour 20 LOL I hope I do a good job so people make it to the finish line

      Delete
  2. Yum - you've got some great food to keep you going. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. I got a surprise delivery of my favorite kookaburra black licorice too. Yay, me!

      Delete
  3. Interesting that you were once a teacher and are now a public librarian. I'm thinking about working for the public library when I retire from being a school librarian.

    Hope you are having a great time!

    If you need a little singing boost as you read along: Here's Singing My Way Through the Readathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the singing boost. I am taking breaks for periodic dance parties. I guess I can sing and dance.

      Delete