3.04.2012

Thank You Dr. Seuss

Third Month 2, 2012
Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! 

This post is dedicated to fans of Dr. Seuss old and new. I read this article and wanted to note two facts that brought a smile to my face.

Fact 4  The first recorded instance of the word “nerd” is in Seuss’ 1950 book, If I Ran the Zoo.
I am a nerd and I happen to like the word... Thank you Dr. Seuss

Fact 6  Dr. Seuss practiced what he preached: his first book, And to Think I Saw It on Mulberry Street, was rejected by 27 different publishers before it finally got picked up. “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!” Seuss once wrote. Try, try, try again, he did.

Thank You, Dr. Seuss!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind." Theodore Geisel

No comments:

Post a Comment