10.09.2011

Host Family - Bataan

Tenth Month 9, 2011

Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
Leo Tolstoy

This post is dedicated to families; happy, unhappy, and in- between. Many of us have at least two families. The families we were born into and the families we have created for ourselves. Those who are called to marriage acquire yet another family when they marry. Some, like myself, also have a spiritual or church family that we hold dear. In addition to these families that we have in common, Peace Corps volunteers also have host families; and in Peace Corps Philippines, volunteers have two host families.

I miss my Bataan host family and consider it a blessing that we keep in touch. They will always be my first family here in the Philippines. I never did manage to get everyone in the same picture, but I did come close.   

Bataan host family members
You read about this amazing woman and the birth of her son
The youngest member of the family





1 comment:

  1. I just read about your Bataan family and they sound like lively and beautiful people. I laughed when I read the part about your sleeping during the labor, as I am familiar with your sleeping routines. It makes me glad to know you have found a good group of people with whom to share this PC experience.

    ReplyDelete