5.11.2011

Headline News

Fifth Month 11, 2011 

I woke up this morning and turned on my e-reader so I could read the newspaper before work. On the front page of the International Herald Tribune was the headline "Ugly risk in Peace Corps life: Sex crimes and little recourse". For those who are concerned about my safety,  I am aware of the risks of being a Peace Corps Volunteer.  At this time Congress is being urged to increase oversight of Peace Corps. I am all for increasing safety measures to protect volunteers, and for training Peace Corps Staff on how to deal with sexual assaults in an effective, sensitive and respectful manner. With that said, I won't be using this blog to discuss any political issues. This blog is to document my personal Peace Corps experience. I will update you on the post-invitation phase of my experience with the next entry. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment