3.03.2016

Truth in Fiction - Dumplin' by Julie Murphy

Dumplin'

"All my life I've had a body worth commenting on and if living in my skin has taught me anything it's that if it's not your body, it's not yours to comment on. Fat. Skinny. Short. Tall. It doesn't matter." ~Willowdean p. 33

" I think maybe it's the things we don't want to talk about that are the things people most want to hear." ~ Willowdean p. 182

"I don't know. I think you gotta be who you want to be until you feel like you are whoever it is you're trying to become. Sometimes half of doing something is pretending that you can." ~ Mitch p. 239

regarding labels - "It's like the whole world has to walk around with name tags on so we can all feel more comfortable? I guess things are less scary if you know what to call them." ~ Hannah p. 309

No comments:

Post a Comment